Orange Cake



Orange cake with chocolate icing
When I was 3 or 4 years old my dad brought me to a school fair and I won a cookbook.  I was very  disappointed that it wasn't a toy but 30 some odd years later I still have the cookbook.

My first cookbook

My absolute favourite recipe in this cookbook is for orange cake. It is the first cake I made by myself and it became my staple cake I made it for every birthday mother's day and father's day. It's still my favourite cake to make because it's so simple.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup of butter
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup orange juice

Preheat oven to 350 grease a round cake pan
Mix all ingredients together
Bake for 25 minutes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kids in the Kitchen

DIY Minecraft Nerf Gun Target

Pom-pom Yoga Games