The Easter Egg Tree Tradition


Branches from the Dollar Store
(much easier than walking through
 the snow to gather branches)
Easter is just around the corner (along with Spring?) When I was at my parent's house last weekend my mom took out the decorations for the Easter egg tree. My grandmother started the Easter egg tree tradition when she saw a picture in a magazine and she had my mom decorating eggs while on Easter break from nursing school. The tradition stuck and I have many good memories decorating  eggs with my cousins at her dining room table.
The box of Easter decorations

Taking out the Easter decorations is like taking out the Christmas decorations. There are the favourites, the ones we made when we were little and ones that are clearly from the 80s.


Brooms and hats 
 
Every year at my mom's house we make new eggs and other decorations, some last and some (many) break but making the eggs is a tradition in itself. And this year, for the first time I am going to make my own Easter egg tree and continue the tradition.

Happy Easter preparations!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kids in the Kitchen

DIY Minecraft Nerf Gun Target

Pom-pom Yoga Games