5/21 Yoga Challenge


5 minutes of yoga a day for 21 days can you and your kids do it? Back in December I gave myself the challenge of doing yoga every day for 21 days. Apparently it takes 21 days to develop a habit. As of today I have been doing yoga everyday for 41 days. Some days I do yoga for 45 minutes and some days I do 5 minutes but as predicted it has become a habit.

When I got the news letter from Pedayoga proposing their challenge for parents and children to complete at least 5 minutes of yoga a day I thought it would be a great idea. I try to do yoga with my little man at least 3 times a week anyways. I asked him if he wanted to try yoga every day for 21 days and his answer was "no I don't think so." Later that day I asked him if he wanted to do yoga and he said "oh yeah!" So my lesson for that day was not to plan too far ahead. Make it a game and he'll want to play.

I took a chance and signed us up for the 5/21 yoga challenge. So far so good. It helps me have some yoga in my day, just in case I don't have time (or energy) to practise on my own. For the little man we have a game. I lay out the yoga wheels from the Pedayoga book with the poses we know, we choose a movie or a TV show then choose a pose for each character.

Example:
Super hero poses

Thor = Mountain pose
Iron Man = Warrior III
Captain America = Lunge
Spiderman = Bridge pose

Try it for yourself or as a family everyone can do 5 minutes of yoga for 21 days!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kids in the Kitchen

DIY Minecraft Nerf Gun Target

Pom-pom Yoga Games